Sunday, July 24, 2011

a lioness in stripes... and glasses

I'll start by saying that it's incredibly hot and humid outside- which is why my hair has decided to take inspiration from a wild animal. I just went with it, I think it gives an otherwise simple outfit a little bit of oomph. The heat is also why I am showing a bit more skin than usual. Normally if I'm wearing these shorts I'll pair them with at least a t-shirt, rather than a tank. But. Comfort reigns.

Silly face, yes I know.

I did however pair this outfit with some wedges. Not necessarily the smartest move for sweat-weather, and I won't be wearing them when I go out later today, but I thought they worked well and dressed up the shorts a bit.

statement necklace!

new glasses! talk nerdy to me...


So as you can see I got new glasses. Not that you would actually be able to tell, since my old glasses were seen rarely by my blog and Youtube. I just don't like the way they look on camera usually, so I take them off (or wear my contacts... but usually I'm just blind!).



I'm also dabbling in the statement necklace here... I have quite a few of them but always chicken out whenever I consider wearing one.  This is a good start though- a neutral colour, and nice and light material (I think the beads are some sort of bean??).

Shorts: American Eagle
Tank: Zara
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Necklace: Ten Thousand Villages
Belt: H&M
Earrings: from Peru...
Glasses: Rayban

No comments:

Post a Comment