Friday, July 29, 2011

Knits in July... Thanks Zara

So Zara was/is having a huge summer sale.. and they had a bunch of knits (??? summer ???) on sale. And I'm a sucker for a nice knit sweater... so I got two. In July. How's this for thinking ahead?





I passed over this pullover at first, but then I tried it on... and I'm now in love. I've been wearing it with my AE short shorts (yeah, a sweater with shorts), and I think I will be getting a lot of wear out of it this winter. It's made of acrylic, so I'm not expecting it to last beyond this winter, but for $20, it's a great winter (and summer?!) piece.




This was the first knit in the huuuge pile of knits that caught my eye. With my sucker-ness for knits comes a sucker-ness for white/beige/grey tops. I have a stupid amount of these 3 colours in my closet. But. I did not have a beige knit cardigan. I was a little put off by the size at first (a large, when I'm normally a small, or even extra small), but again, trying things on is the best idea ever. It looks oversized in a chic way, rather than sloppy, and while it looks a bit boxy with shorts, I can't wait to pair it with skinny jeans or leggings and a low heel in the winter.

There were loads of other colours, and while I stared longingly at them, I think these are the most practical... since I can wear them with as much colour as I want to! ... And a knit in a classic colour will never go out of fashion.

xox Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment