Friday, August 26, 2011

Autumn Shopping #1: Aritzia and Tommy Hilfiger

I have started off my autumn shopping with a trip to Aritzia and Tommy Hilfiger- total opposites in terms of style, but I'll explain later. Also stopped by Aerie as you can see below, but I think you can all deduce what I bought there (with a 20% off coupon, too! yay!)


I recently came into a bit of money, so I decided to splurge on a few things at Aritzia. I don't think I've ever spent this much money on myself before. It felt a little strange pulling out my debit card to pay for it all. No regrets though.


I got some comfy stuff- sweats and workout shorts from TNA. I've worn through the Roots sweats I've had since grade 12, so I thought it was high time for a new pair. They were on sale too- and have the elastic ankles. I have to have those, otherwise I trip over myself. Short legs create so many problems.

Perfect fit. Love these.


I bought my first "big girl" blazer. I have one that's part of a pantsuit (my only one haha) but this one by Talulah is a bit more casual and stands alone. The hanger doesn't do it any justice. It's a charcoal colour, and short enough for little old me! It hits right above my hip and is lovely and tailored. It wasn't cheap, but I think it's something that I will have for a long long long time.







This dress had caught my eye a few weeks ago, in a pinky peach colour. I ended up buying it in a lilac colour- the pink seemed too nude. Don't want to look naked from a distance, do I? Excuse the wrinkles by the way, I had just pulled it out of the bag. It's so light and breezy but it still has some structure. It's lined in the skirt, so peekaboo undies aren't a huge concern. AND. There are POCKETS! I love love love this trend, but I don't have a lot of pieces following it. This dress with the blazer (and tights... it's a bit short! hah) would be a great feminine yet put together work outfit. In a more casual work setting of course ;)



My last stop was the Tommy Hilfiger outlet, where everything is 30% off. I got this jacket for 60% off! I needed a medium-weight jacket for fall, and I thought TH would be a good place to look. I don't usually shop there, and I don't think I have anything from there currently in my closet. Not my style at all. But they make great outerwear. My winter coat is from there and I love it. So this jacket... kinda military style with the green, but just generally a cool jacket that looks great and isn't too heavy!



I have an interview for the job I talked about in my last post, so I'll be trying to come up with a put together outfit using my new blazer. I'll update you all on my success/failure!

xo Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment