Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Shoe lust, courtesy of Kate Middleton

In keeping with the "Royal Visit" theme (on my beauty blog I've posted about Bourjois' Rose Lounge nail polish), I'm going to share with you my most recent shoe lust. This has been going on since April 30, and has yet to simmer down. Kate walked across the lawn of Buckingham Palace in these shoes the morning after her wedding, and I was immediately obsessed.

grabbed off the LK Bennett website
These are the LK Bennett Maddox espadrille wedges. Apparently LK Bennett is a high street shop in England. I don't remember it from the summer I spent there, but to be honest, I was 15 and obsessed with Topshop, Oasis, and Miss Selfridge, and didn't have nearly enough money to even consider going into this store. I still don't, actually. Anyhow, I've perused their website and if/when I (a) have any money or (b) find myself back in England, I think a trip to one of their stores is in order. I believe they've opened a few stores in the states too... either way, these shoes do not exist in my country. 

I've been looking everywhere for even a close dupe for these, the closest I've found under $100 is the Jessica Simpson Jackson wedge, but it's much more of a platform and less ladylike/princesslike.

Jessica Simpson Jackson Wedge (photo from Piperlime)


The LK Bennett ones go for £165, which is roughly $250 CDN. I could save up for that. But what kills me is that the shipping for these babies is £45. Which is $70. Which pretty much goes against all of my principles when it comes to online shopping. And they are perpetually sold out, because obviously I'm not the only Kate Middleton fashion groupie out there. And those other groupies most likely have deeper pockets than I do.

Now accepting donations of cash, or the shoe itself. I'm looking at you, LK Bennett.

Kidding :) ... kind of...

I'm debating whether it would be inappropriate to ask her for her shoes if I am lucky enough to shake her hand on Canada Day. We have the same size feet, so I don't see why it would be a problem...

That sounds a lot less creepy in my head.

My final thought of the night: Oh how I wish Hot Harry were coming on this Royal trip.

xox Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment